Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Wednesday Reads

I’m reading lengthy stuff AND that whole re-drafting is going well, so my quantity has decreased. Good thing I’m still 3 books ahead of my goal (yay!). Here’s what I read this week:

killing fear by allison brennan
Apr 11: “Killing Fear” by Allison Brennan, the first book in the Prison Break trilogy, a romantic suspense at 421 pages long. Blurb from book: Theodore Glenn loves to inflict pain…both on his victims and on those who later find the mutilated corpses. At his trial seven years ago, Glenn vowed vengeance on Detective Will Hooper, the cop who nabbed him, and beautiful Robin McKenna, the stripper whose testimony put him behind bars. When a catastrophic disaster sets Glenn free, he blazes a freshly bloodied path across San Diego County. But the death he craves most is Robin McKenna’s. Putting aside their past troubled relationship, Will rushes to protect Robin, now a savvy businesswoman operating an upscale club. As the killings mount and Glenn proves a master manipulator, Robin and will become snared in a twisted web of horror. But the shocking truth is even worse: the evil they are to face is even deadlier than they fear. This book has lots of suspense, a sensual romance and one wicked villain. I also enjoyed seeing characters from her other books. Can’t believe I hadn’t read this trilogy before. I’m finding I enjoy everything from Allison Brennan so I plan on reading everything she has to offer. I’ll start with what I have on-hand (which are the other two books in this trilogy).

Sales for Blind Temptation are going slow (just like all my other books—surprise!). Might help if I advertised, but I haven’t found anything worthwhile that will take a book without reviews. I only gave the book to a few people to read for review and I’m still waiting for them to finish reading it. If you’re interested in reviewing the book, I’ll gladly give you a copy (and my eternal thanks). Just let me know what version you’d prefer: mobi or epub.

So… Any movies you’re looking forward to seeing this year? I’ll be watching the new Avengers movie shortly after the release date. Oh yeah!

Happy reading!

Stacy

7 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

Avengers. Though we rented two movies over the weekend and it was great to rent them and watch them in the movie room.

Also, we found a dedicated e-Reader that we are saving to buy. No noise, just reading. In the sunlight. Sounds fun.

You're book is on my list. The last one we got digital of yours we still haven't been able to open but that's because of a different issue, not a tablet or Amazon issue.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Ivy - I love watching movies on my big screen TV, but there's just something about going to the theatre. Or maybe it's impatience (I want to see it now!!!). Yeah, that's probably more like it! :)

Maria Zannini said...

re: promotion
You might try Thunderclap. I've heard good things about it.

re: movies
I prefer to watch at home. We have a huge high definition tv, and I don't have to put up with teenagers on their cell phones.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Maria - It's more than just teenagers, now! But I haven't noticed anyone playing on their phone once the movie starts. Guess I've gotten lucky, huh?

I haven't thought about Thunderclap (although I've helped other people out that way). I'll go check that out.

The Happy Whisk said...

I like the movie house for some movies but the rest, I like in our movie room, best. I don't much mind now or later :-)

LD Masterson said...

I keep meaning to see various movies in the theater but by the time I get around to it, they're already gone. Thank goodness for cable.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Linda - I know what you mean about time getting away from you. Happens to me all...the...time! :)