Monday, November 10, 2014

My 700th Posting???

Yep. This is my 700th posting.

Gosh.

I noticed it when I posted #699 on Friday (since that’s the only time I really see what posting number I’m on). It took me nearly 5 years to get 700, too. In 16 days, I’ll have blogged for 5 years!

Who knew on Thanksgiving night of 2009 that I’d still be at this blog? And that I’d post 700 times? I certainly didn’t.

Heck, I can’t believe how far I’ve come since that first posting. I’d only been writing for 7 months, with one book under my belt (a book that became Bite Me, I’m Yours). I mean, I became published during that time! Now there’s a dream I thought I’d have to wait a lot longer than 5 years to come true.

I’ve only given this blog one facelift since I started it and I doubt I’ll bother trying to make any changes. At least, not until I get a new laptop (yep, I’m on the same laptop when I started this venture). Google doesn’t like my internet browser and I can’t update that because I’m still using Vista (and I really don’t like Google Chrome—which I do use whenever I have to add a page or a blog comes up missing stuff). I know the day will come when I have to buy a new laptop. I’m hoping it lasts until something better than Windows 8 comes along, though. And when I say hoping, I mean HOPING!!

I really do NOT want Windows 8. If I had it, I’m sure I’d be doing a whole lot more ranting on this blog!

Thanks for sticking around, whether you comment or not. Although I do try to get you to comment. Don’t really care for those bloggers who only post stuff and don’t seem to want any interaction. I like the interaction. It certainly makes blogging more fun.

In other news… Our high school football team won their game Saturday (and it didn’t rain—yay!). One down, four more to go. I know, wishful thinking. Still, they played EXCELLENT. If they continue to focus like that, I can see them go all the way.

So… Who’s prepared for our next polar vortex? Yeah, not me! At least we get a little warm-up beforehand. I better make sure to enjoy it while it’s here, huh?

Have a great day!

Stacy

 

7 comments:

JeffO said...

Congratulations on #700--I wonder how many books you've read in this time?? What an eventful five years, and may you have many more!

Maria Zannini said...

Congrats on #700!

I try to comment regularly. You have an interesting variety of posts. :)

B.E. Sanderson said...

Yay for #700! I don't remember how long I've been visiting here, but I try to comment. And I try to reply to your comments when you stop by my blogs. (If I don't, it's because I forgot - not because I don't care.)

Congrats on your HS football team win! My college teams either lost or won in a sucky way, so I'm pretty much done with football this year. I can't watch the slaughter anymore. LOL

Try and stay warm up there. It's going from 70 today here to 44 tomorrow, but that's probably balmy compared to what you'll have. Stay safe.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - I don't know how many books I've read since 2009, but the total from 2011 to now is 315. That's what I love about Goodreads. It keeps track for me! And now I can say, "Wow, I read a lot!!" :)

Maria - Thanks for saying "variety" instead of "strange." Yeah, this blog is not on any kind of theme except whatever I'm in the mood for! :)

Beth - Today's high will be 60 and then it will start tanking. I don't even want to think what the temps will be like on Saturday for the next football game. Dry is the best I can hope for, I think.

Jennette Marie Powell said...

Gratz on your 700th post! And no, I don't want that polar vortex either. Not that we have a choice!

The Happy Whisk said...

Congrats on hitting your 700th post. So great that you stuck it out and look forward to reading many many more of your posts.

PS: Regarding your questions about making it up to Frankenberry. No .... we play pranks on each other all the time. It's great fun.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jennette - I don't think anyone wants that cold air. Oh wait. Except maybe my son. Is that what happens to a person who was born in Alaska? :)

Ivy - So, you like being pranked, too? Or do you like anticipating what he'll do next?